FR Graphite is a high specification mastic designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors. FR Graphite expands when it is subjected to fire and closes openings around penetrations when any combustible or low temperature melting materials have burnt away. It also seals difficult services which traditional fire rated mastics do not achieve, including large plastic pipes.
FR Graphite can be used with a suitable filling material in order to ensure the correct width to depth ratio to reduce the shrinking of the sealant during curing. Thermal activation takes place at 150 degrees when the material will expand to prevent the passage of fire and smoke for periods up to 4 hours.
- Classified in most constructions for cables and plastic pipes
- Suitable for most surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack free after 1 hour
- Permanently flexible, accommodating movement up to 12.5%
- Halogen free
- Minimum 12 months storage time