FR Acrylic is a fire rated sealant designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through joints and openings in fire rated walls and floors, including openings formed around building service penetrations. FR Acrylic will also maintain the acoustic design performance, with a working life of up to 30 years.
When subjected to atmospheric conditions, the fire rated sealant cures but it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement. Under fire exposure, FR Acrylic creates a robust fire seal by the formation of a durable intumescent char.
FR Acrylic can be used with a suitable filling material in order to secure the correct width to depth ratio and to reduce the shrinking of the sealant during curing. Thermal activation takes place at approximately 180 degrees when the material with expand and prevent the passage of fire and smoke for periods up to and beyond 4 hours.
- The high end formula is approved in most countries worldwide
- No priming necessary for application to most materials
- Permanently flexible with movement up to 12.5%
- Very high sound insulation
- Low emissions, environmentally and user friendly
- 30 years working life