EX Mortar is a dry, white powder which consists of inorganic components and perlite. When mixed with water, the compounds form a highly thermal insulating fire sealing compound to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors around building penetrations. EX Mortar will also maintain the acoustic design performance in walls and floors.
EX Mortar expands approximately 1% by hydraulic action during curing to ensure a very tight seal around the service penetrations and surrounding opening apertures. The mortar hardens to an off-white, dry compound of approximately 1050kg/m3 which may be sanded or drilled.
EX Mortar is suitable for most surfaces including concrete, brick, Leca, steel and plastic but is not suitable to fitting of doors or in service openings that involve movement. No priming is necessary prior to application in most building substrates, however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected.
- Simple to apply and leaves a smooth finish
- Sets fully in 1 hour
- High degree of mechanical resistance as the seal is load bearing without reinforcement
- The fire performance specification of the compound has been derived when the seal has been let to cure for 1 month
- Tested for air permeability with excellent resistance to pressure
- Easy to retrofit additional building services after installation