FR Board is designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors where openings are formed to allow the installation of multiple building services. FR Board will also maintain the acoustic designed performance in fire rated walls and floors.
FR Board consists of a high density, stone wool core which is over-coated with FR Coating. The top coating provides additional protection by significantly reducing the permeability of the stone wool core and prevents the passage of hot gases, thus reducing the temperature rise on the unexposed side and reducing heat conduction through the building services.
FR Board is available with top coating on one or two sides, selected on the basis of installation considerations and fire resistance. On site, FR Board must be used together with FR Acrylic for sealing around building services and the surrounding construction.
- Simple and easy to install
- Permanently flexible and will accommodate movements during fire
- Can be installed in gypsum walls without framing around the opening
- Once fully cured, coated FR Board resists water and frost
- Halogen-free, with added fungicides
- Easy to retrofit additional building services after installation